Monday, March 21, 2005

Stripes!


The London beanie, about 70% complete
Originally uploaded by panopticon.

Now, I know all you Knitting Mavens out there are going to snicker at this, but I'm doing a little happy dance tonight because I finished the stripes on my London beanie.

The colors of the photograph are way off, it's really deep blue with a gray stripe. I would adjust the colors and such, but that's what I do all day and, frankly, Daddy is tired.

As an added bonus, the beanie is posing on the lid of the newly finished portfolio case you've all heard too much about.

And yeah, the damn thing's on a circular needle now. The previous attempt on dpn's got frogged (again) when I screwed up the counting (again) and messed up the ribbing (again).

I don't think it was the dpn's, so much as the fact that I was knitting rather late at night, but it's easier to blame the equipment, isn't it?

Soon I'll face the ultimate decision: To mount a propeller on top, or no?

On iTunes right this minute: Bessie Smith, "You Been a Good Ol' Wagon, Daddy, But You Done Broke Down"

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeee! Both look wonderful! You industrious little thing, you.

Anonymous said...

*bah-hahaha* Sorry, "'Spanky' beanie" totally threw off my thought process and I forgot what I was really goign to say.

Anonymous said...

I am placing my vote in favor of the propeller.

Agen Sbobet said...

Nice read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile Thus let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!

Agen Bola said...

There is apparently a lot to identify about this. I feel you made certain nice points in features also.

Agen Bola said...

Of course, what a splendid website and educative posts, I definitely will bookmark your website.All the Best!

Agen Bola Terpercaya said...

I¡¦ve recently started a web site, the info you offer on this website has helped me tremendously.